Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome! I am so glad to be starting this blog. I really think it will help me and others get motivated to get in shape and stay in shape! Even if I am the only one contributing it will still make me feel like I'm answering to someone. I will be logging at the end of each day the following things:

Water consumed
Food/Calorie Intake
Goals Reached
Exercise performed
Any Recipes I might like
Any thoughts I might have

At the end of the week:

Write down my measurements
Goals reached
New goals for following week
Any struggles I may have had during the week.

These things may change a bit as I get going with this if I find a better way to do things but this gives you and me and good idea of how it will work. If you are interested in becoming an author on this blog as well, then you can do things your own way! If you want to post pictures you can if your thinking "Heck NO!!" then you don't have to...no pressure. This is supposed to be fun, uplifting, and encouraging.
The other day I had to buy a new swim suit (my old one does not fit yet..but it will soon!!) I hate wearing swim suits even at my goal weight, but I put it onto take the kids swimming. I came out of the bathroom and coco say's "mom, that is so cute. Do you just feel like your 20??" Thanks coco. This is the encouragement I so desperately need. I do not look 20 nor do I feel 20. But I did walk a little taller out to the pool that day. That is what girls need and that is what this blog is for. I am so lucky to have a husband that puts no stress or pressure on me to look a certain way. I probably couldn't handle it if he did. He has always said he just wants me to be happy and comfortable with myself, so I can run around the house naked without embarrassment. Not possible for so many reasons...Anyhow. I have my first training appointment tomorrow where I will be weighed, (gulp) measured, (double gulp) and told my body fat % (yikes) I will then report back on this blog, the damage...I mean the life changing information I will receive. 
I have tried all diets. And I mean all diets. I know what works for me. I was in my best shape after Annie when she was 9 months old. I weighed 111 and had a good amount of muscle on me. I then went down to 103 being a size 0 and 00. I think that was a little to scrawny for me and I would like to be about 108-110. That's the goal. Or better yet because of muscle mass throwing things off, it doesn't matter if I weigh 108 or 120 as long as my pre pregnancy jeans fit right? So I guess that's the goal. I really don't know what I weight at the moment a few weeks ago it was 130 on my home scale. I ended this last pregnancy with a bang! I started off the pregnancy heavier then then any of the other ones at 117lbs and I gained a total of 60lbs!! I have never been so uncomfortable in my life! I had a ton of water weight with this baby and lost 40 lbs in the first 2 wks of having him just to give you an idea. I think you probably saw the pics on my blog of my fun legs.
So, I still have a long way to go. I will talk to my trainer Leo, (who has worked with me since before I had Annie) and find out what a reasonable time frame for me to get into shape is. I'm thinking by the end of August. A full 3 months. But I could be way off.. I will let you know.

If you are interested in adding to this blog let me know, I think it will be great fun and good therapy!
FOOD JOURNAL

MONDAY 6-01-09
7:30 KASHI CEREAL 1 SERVING W/ FF MILK
240 CAL

9:30 GO LEAN PROTEIN BAR
190 CAL

12:00 CHIK FILA CHARGRILLED SANDWICH
260 CAL

3:00 CHOCOLATE PROTEIN SHAKE 
50

6:00 TORTILLA CHIPS
100 CAL
6" FLOUR TORTILLA
100 CAL
CHICKEN THIGH MEAT
150 CAL
GUACAMOLE
40 CAL
WATERMELON,STRAWBERRIES
70 CAL
CAKE/ICE CREAM
300 CAL
TOTAL INTAKE:1430 CAL
EXERCISE: 55 MIN BODY STEP CLASS
PLAYED IN POOL WITH KIDS 1 HR.
WATER CONSUMED: DON'T KNOW NOT ENOUGH THOUGH.

TUESDAY 6-2-09
8:00 WHOLE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFIN
120 CAL
LOWFAT COTTAGE CHEESE
100 CAL
JAM
30 CAL
TOTAL 250
10:15 KASHI GO LEAN BAR
190 CAL
2:00 1 1/2C. GREEN SALAD 
20 CAL
2 OZ. CHIX THIGH MEAT
120 CAL
2 TBS. LOWFAT DRESSING
30 CAL
8 HONEY WHEAT PRETZELS
88 CAL
TOTAL CAL 263
4:00 SPECIAL K CHOCOLATE DELIGHT CEREAL W/FFMILK
160 CAL
6:30 REFRIED BEANS 1/4C. 
60 CAL
1 WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLA
120 CAL
REDUCED FAT CHEESE
80 CAL
LIGHT SOUR CREAM
20 CAL
SALSA
20 CAL
TOTAL CAL: 400
8:30PM WEIGHT WATCHES ICECREAM BAR
130 CAL
TOTAL INTAKE: 1393CAL
EXERCISE: BODY PUMP WEIGHT LIFTING CLASS
WATER: DIDN'T KEEP TRACK NOT ENOUGH I'M SURE.


FOOD TIPS?
MY PROTEIN SHAKE WAS GROSS THAT'S WHY IT WAS ONLY 50 CALORIES. A GOOD BRAND IS "APEX FIT" IT'S SO YUMMY.I MADE IT WITH COLD WATER AND A HANDFUL OF ICE, AND IT WAS HARD TO FINISH IT ALL. IF YOU LIVE IN MESA YOU CAN GET IT AT FITNESS WORKS FOR AROUND $30. I WILL ALSO SEE IF YOU CAN GET IT ONLINE AND THEN POST THE LINK IF I FIND IT.
FOR MY BREAKFAST ON TUES. I PUT MY COTTAGE CHEESE ON MY MUFFIN THEN TOPPED IT WITH THE JAM I LOVE THIS! FOR MY DINNER, WHEN I MAKE REFRIED BEANS I ALWAYS DOCTOR THEM UP WITH BUTTER!! NOT ANYMORE, BUT I FOUND THEM EQUALLY FLAVORFUL IF I ADDED GARLIC AND ONION POWDER AND SALT. SO GOOD. I ALSO SAVE SOME CALORIES EVERYNIGHT FOR SOMETHING SWEET AROUND 150 CALORIES. EXCEPT FOR THE BIRTHDAY CAKE NIGHT. EVEN THEN IT WAS A SLIVER-BUT SO WORTH IT, AND I FELT OK EATING IT FOR 2 REASONS, 1. I EXERCISED THAT DAY
2. I ATE GOOD ALL DAY LONG AND KNEW I WOULD BE EATING GOOD AGAIN IN THE MORNING.


4 comments:

  1. I have more fat on my body than you. Did the Brazilian Boot Camp class today and my buns hurt. Ate pretty well....But I am about to eat two oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if anyone can do this it is you randi! you are so cute and even with rounder (not too round) buns I love you. I actually think you look fantastic but I know it is how you feel. Ok so I want to loose 10 lbs! I am at 120 or so and I have been running 6 days a week 3 miles a day for the past 4 weeks. It is a killer but I put my jeans on today and they feel good not too snug. I love it and it makes me want to keep running. I am going to eat yummy food in az cause I can't help myself but if i run and run and run I will feel more justified. I want to keep track and have to answer to someone too. It totally helps. I am hoping I can just eat less when I do eat at my fav places in az...so we'll see how it goes. I am planning on running when I am there and now i have to since I am "committed". Thanks for starting this. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can totally do it jenna. I think you look great, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to be better! I totally don't want to give up my food as we all know, I am a foodie. But I think once I reach my goal I will still eat well but I am going to eat something if I really want it. My trick is if I drink a ton of water I will eat less of the foods I love and just have more for leftovers! And plus if I'm exercising and know my next meal will be back on track, then there's no reason I can't splurge without guilt every now and then. And for me when I eating healthy after awhile you get so used to it that when you do eat not so good, I feel kinda icky. It doesn't stop me from enjoying my food!! But my stomach does feel different and it reminds me how much better it is when I'm eating good, and splurges become less, because I don't like the way I feel afterward. You'll be fine, I have to go to Disney World in 3 weeks!! I have to be good there, and that might be hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coleen, that sounds like a wax and a workout? No wonder you hurt... I'm proud of you!.
    Good job with your eating, enjoy your oreos. I heard everyone should eat good and then allow themselves 200cals a day to eat whatever they want I think your fine and good choice of a yummy treat!

    ReplyDelete