Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Food Journal 6-3-09

Wednesday 
Ok, so I never do this except when prego. But last night I got up at about 1:30am because of a snoring husband and moved to the couch and I was so hungry!! I ate a small bowl of Special K. Not a good idea ever. Eating at night is a way to mess up your metabolism I'm told. Yes, I confessed to my trainer and his response was I may not be eating enough during the day if I am that hungry. That's when he told me that he would be fine with me eating 1400-1600 calories a day. I still have 200 left tonight if I'm eating 1600cal but I seem to be ok, although I was so hungry during the day. I think it's because I did a "Step Class" and a training appointment, and went swimming and did about 10 laps. And I am still so sore from my weight lifting class, and I didn't use over 10 lbs! I did have some gaps in my day. I try to eat every 2-3 hrs. But that doesn't always work out with my busy days. I was running kids here and there today so my eating was a bit interrupted. Also, I try to eat a protein and a carb every snack and meal, so my cereal choice tonight would have been better if I had chosen Kashi Cereal or added some lean protein. But I wanted something chocolatey! I also need to add more veggies!

In my training session we did seated one leg squats, push ups, step ups, onto the bench press. We are starting out slow. I don't like using a lot of weights in my work outs I don't want to look like "Starla" from Napoleon Dynamite because the way I build muscle, I could totally end up like her....Oooh scary! 
So I can do Boot Camp that I signed up for tomorrow (thanks alot Tamara who is not even going to be there!) at 5:30am or take a class, not sure what I'm going to do yet, I guess it depends how well I sleep. With 2 men waking me up randomly (Bart and Oliver) I never know if I'm going to get a good nights sleep. I guess you'll find out tomorrow.  

1:30am special K cereal 140cal
7:30am 1 serving Kashi Cereal/FF milk 240cal
11:30am protein shake 220cal
3:30 pm 3oz. lean ham 150cal, 1/2 whole wheat pita 80cal, mustard, lettuce 20cal, sm apple 80cal. TOTAL:320cal
6:00 2 oz. lean ham 100cal, 1 whole wheat pita 160cal, egg whites 60cal, salsa 10cal TOTAL: 330cal
8:00 special K cereal 200 cal
TOTAL: 1450 cal
 Water Intake: not great still only about 50 ounces today. Tomorrow will be better though.
Exercise: 55 min Step class, 20 min training appointment, 10 laps in our pool.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Randi,

    I would be happy to contribute...just let me know of a topic!

    With the hunger at night, did you drink a glass of water before eating? Sometimes our bodies confuse dehydration with hunger, before eating anything try drinking a glass of water! (It has zero calories :)

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. randi. This is awesome! Thank you for your honesty. What a great way to be accountable and a great motivation to work your little buns off:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, Randi! It's so much easier to stay on track if you know other people are watching. I know how you feel-babies do BAD things to my body, too. I always eat healthy and exercise until the end, but I still turn into a blob...(and now we are talking about 1 more! Aye-yi-yi.)

    You've already got the face of a goddess, I'm sure your body isn't too far behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go to Apex.com and you can buy the shake there. I love the shake! It is my little treat when I need something. You can add PB2 and it is even yummier. If you sign up for a monthly mailing of the mix you get a discount.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks DeAnn for the tips! I was thinking about that PB2 today...where do you get it?

    ReplyDelete